Grahak Chetna

"Your Voice, Your Power!"

Mile-long queue at Birmingham waste site as bin strikes continue

Spread the love

Mobile bin collection points in Birmingham have seen mile-long queues as residents try to get rid of their uncollected rubbish.
There were traffic delays around Woodgate Valley Park on Friday after Birmingham City Council opened a mobile site at 07:45 BST. The move was amid the all-out strike, which was declared a major incident on Monday.
Elsewhere, striking bin workers, who are members of Unite the Union, claimed they were “threatened” with arrest and fines if they continued to delay bin lorries leaving a depot in Tyseley.
The council previously said Unite was stopping them from operating a contingency service, which would allow them to make one bin collection to every household a week.
One person, who did not want to be identified, told the BBC there was a large police presence in the area earlier.

Courtesy: BBC

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *